As seen on “Sunday Night ” with Mike Munro
To see more click on the link below
go to Story Details and “skin deep more information.”
Photo Sensitising treatments
We use a photosensitizer that makes cells more receptive to light. When exposed to a specific wavelength of light, a form of oxygen is produced to kill the damaged cells.
These damaged cells come from solar, or sun damage. Prolonged periods in sunlight with no protection, can lead to uneven, blotchy. If left untreated, these sunspots can have far more dangerous repercussions.
The sensitizer can be used to treat a range of skin conditions including acne, solar keratosis and more severe forms of sun damage. DO NOT USE any glycolic, retinol or benzoyl peroxide products for 7 days prior to treatment.
- Skin in the affected area is cleaned thoroughly.
- The sensitizer is applied for 20 minutes (or a longer specified time) during which time the sensitizer will be absorbed by the damaged cells only.
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) red/blue light will be applied to the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- Skin cleansed thoroughly and SPF applied.
*** The sensitizer remains active for 24 hours so it is imperative to stay out of direct sunlight for this time. This also includes sunlamps, solariums and bright direct lights.
- Sunscreen will not be enough protection during this time.
- Plan on spending the first 24 hours following treatment indoors.
- Cleanse and moisturise area as normal.
- DO NOT USE any glycolic, retinol or benzoyl peroxide product for 7 days following treatment.
- Within a few days of treatment, the skin in the treated area will become dry and flaky.
- Use a complete sunblock such as Bioscor sun cream.
- Slight tingling, heat or redness
- Dry and flaky skin
- Light sensitivity for 24-48 hours
In approximately 1 in 20 cases, clients may experience an exuberant reaction.
This may be caused by the use of glycolic products prior to treatment, sensitivity to the sensitizer or sun exposure before and particularly after treatment.
If this occurs, clients will experience swelling, prolific peeling and redness for 1 week.
Please be aware that individual results for any treatment or use of our products may vary. Results are not guaranteed.
Please also be aware that the information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.